I recently read that if you’re not content marketing you’re not marketing. Entrepreneurs, are consistently thinking about how to attract clients. Content marketing is a new way to market your business. It will help you attract new clients, build credibility and perpetuate buyer loyalty. Content Marketing also enhances your unique selling proposition.
What is content marketing?
According to Junta42, an online company that provides content as a service, “Content Marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience with the objective of driving profitable customer action. Basically, content marketing is the art of communicating with your customers and prospects without selling.” Today’s consumers are looking for a different kind of marketing. Smart marketers understand that traditional marketing is less effective and are now engaging in content marketing. To learn more about content marketing and read case studies visit the Content Marketing Institute at www.contentmarketinginstitute.com.
Best Content Marketing Tool: WordPress Blogs
Once upon a time is was very difficult and expensive to provide content on a consistent basis. WordPress made it easier by providing the best content management platform on the internet. Even if you’re not tech savvy, you can learn how to use wordpress. WordPress gives you the winning combination of a blog and content marketing for your business. It allows you to provide valuable and relevant content to your target audience. For example, if you sell pet products, your content could cover how to take care of your pets.
- Its the best content mangement platform on the internet and its free
- SEO friendly
- Thousands of themes makes it easy to brand your blog
- Best of both worlds traditonal website and blog
- Can easily intergrate audio and video
- Easy to work with
- Great way to build a subscriber list
Blogs Influence Consumer Purchase More than Social Networks
According to research conducted by Jupiter Research, (a Forrester Research Company) with 2000 online consumers in the US:
- Blogs influence purchases: One half (50%) of blog readers say they find blogs useful for purchase information.
- Blogs go beyond tech: Outside of technology-related purchases, for which 31% of readers say blogs are useful, other key categories include media and entertainment (15%); games/toys and/or sporting goods (14%); travel (12%); automotive (11%); and health (10%).
- Niche focus ups influence factor: For those who have found blog content useful for product decisions, more than half (56%) say blogs with a niche focus and topical expertise were key sources.
As you can see from this study, blogs influence consumer’s purchasing decisions. Consumers feel more connected to your company when they read informative articles as opposed to advertisements.
In summary, provide information that solves a problem for your target audience and your will drive traffic to your website or blog. Content Marketing is the new SEO.
- Email Marketing Content Ideas (b2bemailmarketing.com)
- The Future Of Business To Business Marketing Summed Up In Two Words: Content Marketing (stargroup1.com)
- Is ‘Content Marketing’ Broken? (hubspot.com)
- How to Simplify Content Marketing (imittcopy.com)
- Sprout Content Grows 71% During Economic Downturn; Content Marketing Agency Helps Other Businesses Thrive Throughout Tough Times (prweb.com)